While some of you were doing circles around the mall or logging miles on the highway, I was in my kitchen perfecting my new favorite fudgey, moist, chocolate pumpkin brownies. I loved how these turned out so much that I put them in pretty boxes and gave them out as holiday gifts to my family, friends, & neighbors. They are easy to whip up and can easily be adapted to accommodate gluten or dairy- free diets…feel free to ask me for substitutions!
- 1c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2c coconut sugar
- 1, 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1/4c coconut oil
- 1c milk (or almond or hemp milk- I used unsweetened vanilla hemp)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1c chocolate chips (dark preferable)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9×13 pan with cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray).
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl and add to dry ingredients bowl.
- Spread in pan with knife. Batter will be thick.
- Cook for about 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan at least 10 minutes before cutting.